RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 00:51:02 +0100
Hi Liza,

> Alan,
>
> > Do you really have NH PHYSICIANS where you are (where are you BTW?)?
> > True NH people don't profess to treat people (much less cure
> > people) as conventional physicians do..in fact they are not allowed
> > to call themselves physicians anywhere in the western world as far
> > as I know. They merely propagate preventative "medicine", i.e.
> > natural eating etc., as a means of gaining or maintaining health.
>

> ??????!!!!!
>
> Alan, evidently you are not aware of the American Natural Hygiene Society.
> Check this url:
>
> http://www.anhs.org/
>
> or call (813)855-6607

Oh sure I am aware of it...I was a member of the German Natural Hygiene
Society for nearly a decade...and now belong to a breakaway group
because they started getting ridiculous, like writing articles on
the health virtues of drinking red wine and also many articles which
belong in the esoteric category (like sticking Hopi candles in your ear).

> for a complete list of Hygienic Physicians, who are MD's like any other MD,
> but practice based on a hygienic philosophy. They are, by the way, very
> much aloowed to call themselves physicians here in the western world, and
> do, at least the last time I checked!  :)

Not in Germany Liza. MD's can take a course lasting little more than
a month on homeopathic medicine and then call themselves doctors of
medicine and homeopathy (and the sickness insurance will pay for any
treatment) but a homeopath alone (without an official doctor of
medicine title) can practice, on the one hand, but the medical
insurance will not pay a cent (and he or she is not allowed to
call themselves a physician). Natural hygienists can open up a
practice but are not allowed to "treat" anyone with an illness
(in other words they can only recommend how to live healthily),
much less call themselves physicians..

Best regards,

Alan