RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 00:50:59 +0100
Hi Gerry,

> <<
>  >  If you are craving for oil (which is natural if you are not getting
>  >  enough of the fat-soluble vitamins (such as beta-carotene or the
>  >  vitamins A, D, E and K) use cold-pressed vegetable oils and/or
>  >  fresh nuts and/or oily fruits such as avocados.
>  >
>  > --Natural Hygiene physicians recommend avoiding ANY kind of oils not in
> their
>  > natural state, and some even advise against avocados.

Perhaps one of the reasons why I and most of Germany's most learned
and prominent natural hygienists have left the German Natural Hygiene
Society and formed a breakaway and more "fundamentalist" group.

>  Do you really have NH PHYSICIANS where you are (where are you BTW?)?
>
> --No, there are no
>  Physicians where we are here in Alabama. After working as a Health Educator
> and Fitness Instructor/reporter/writer for much of my adult life, a close bout
> with death caused me to re-evaluate and look elsewhere.

That's what I always thought...thanks for the confirmation..it just
shows that the medical profession and industry is just as powerful
where you are as it is here in Germany.

> Fortunately I discovered N.H. and have spent the last 15 years immersing
> myself in re-education: going to seminars, conferences, retreats, fasting
> institutes, and getting to know and/or work personally with many of the
> "gurus" (ie., The long-time respected N.H. doctors from all over the world).

You have a similar history to mine..and are two years ahead of me! ;-)

>  True NH people don't profess to treat people (much less cure
>  people) as conventional physicians do..in fact they are not allowed
>  to call themselves physicians anywhere in the western world as far
>  as I know. They merely propagate preventative "medicine", i.e.
>  natural eating etc., as a means of gaining or maintaining health.
>
> --I use the term physician loosely to delineate between layman and
> professional as it is less apt to be put into the "medical" category than the
> term "doctor." But, you're right, it might not be appropriate.

One even has to be careful with the term "practicioner", as MDs are
also known as practitioners.

>  > --Do you have any info on the latter?
>
>  Cold-pressed vegetable oils are natural (in as far as the act of
>  cold pressing anything is a natural act and the oil comes from a
>  reputable source).
>
> --Anything that has a shelf life would require some type of treatment and/or
> preservative, thus N.H. recommends against it.

It is true that it should not be bought in the shops..unless the shelf life
is indicated on the bottle, but I must admit I sometimes do buy it
there (and have had no bad experiences with it yet). I usually get it
fresh from a supplier in Bonn (Germany) where I can actually watch him
make it (them) but I can not always get up to Bonn as often as I need
to to keep up a really fresh supply. There are a lot of good, amateur
oilmakers in Germany but it is difficult to pinpoint them because
they do not advertise in the "yellow pages".

>  As to avos..I eat a half every other day (nice
>  and ripe and buttery) and wouldn't want to miss them. I have no
>  problems with them as far as I am aware (and neither does anyone
>  else I know). Perhaps you could tell me why NH "physicians" where
>  you are advise against them.
>
> --This would depend on one's age, body structure, height/weight, and/or amount
> of exercise.

Does a chimp worry about these factors?

> --Avocado contain a good bit of oil, albeit in a natural, easy to digest form,
> but oil stimulates hormones and too much promotes growths and tumors.
> Therefore one disposed to breast or prostate cancer or tumors might best avoid
> them, as well as seeds and nuts (and of course other sources of concentrated
> protein: soy, tofu, legumes, etc.)

Where did you get this from? If it was from the ANHS then perhaps you
also ought to start considering forming or joining a breakaway group.

> ps
>
> I LOVE avocados, too, but they are addictive. I know one woman who had growths
> on her neck. On fine-tuning her diet, it came down to the fact she consumed a
> minimum of one avocado a day, and even after a long fast, went RIGHT back to
> doing the same thing.

I would have to stretch my imagination to the limits to believe that
avocados were the cause of these growths Gerry..or even that avocados are
"addictive".

Best regards,

Alan