From:
Robert McGlohon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 20:46:39 -0500

Todd Martin wrote:

> No zucchini, carrots, cabbage, onions, etc.? What about fruit?

Todd,

Good idea.  I guess I should have said the only *cooked* vegetables I enjoy
I can eat raw spinach and might be able to learn to enjoy some others.
Bought the makins for "garbage salad" tonight and will give it a try soon.
I guess I still have some ingrained fears about high-glycemic foods such as
fruit.  When I first started trying to change my diet (Atkins-style) even
the smallest amount of sugar -- e.g., the glaze on a few Buffalo chicken
wings -- would make me break out in the galloping sweats.  I have
experimented with eating small amounts of fruit before a strenuous exercise
session.  Perhaps I'll try that again.

Robert