From:
Laura Northwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 18:32:34 EDT
>Like other fruits and vegetables, blueberries contain chemicals
>that act as antioxidants. Scientists believe antioxidants protect the >body
>against "oxidative stress," one of several biological processes >that cause
>aging.

I've heard this too. I wonder, though, if this is balanced out by the toxic
chemical (can't think of the name of it offhand) that commercial blueberry
bushes are sprayed with. Having lived in Downeast Maine, I've seen planes
dumping chemicals on entire fields. Organic would be ideal, IF you can get
them and IF you can afford them!

Laura