From:
Richard Keene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 15:05:29 -0600
This seems too narrow of definition of what should be talked about
on this list.  How do we get this definition changed?
In fact, all the concepts listed here do have a bearing on
the followers of Paleo diets because they effect:

- dietary supplements: Imballances in the diet due to modern
  fods being less rich in phytochemicals.
- dentistry and medicine: Most AMA doctors are anti-Paleo
- health practices: Isn't Paloe a health practice, especialy the
  exercise aspects that are an integral part of the diet.
- religious dietary practices: Greatly effect the will power to
  stay on the diet.  In fact NeanderThin has some very religious
  statements, though a bit tounge-in-cheek, an it is the reference
book
  of this list.
- attacks ... : Attacks are bad, but reasoned criticism of flawed
theories
  or reasoning seem to be part of the scientific process and gradual
  evolution of the theory.
- Vegetarians: They are welcome.  MAny on this list are X-vegetarians.

I do agree that recently there have been some rather off topic
postings, some from me, but isn't that part of any discussion
among a highly diverse group?

Also as to the number of posts.  Some days I simply delete them all
unread.

So anyway, lets get this statement changed.