CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bob Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Mar 2002 08:55:42 -0800
frank scott wrote..

>the very idea that cuba would stop people from freely (?) purchasing
>computers , going online and shopping at amazon, nike and other free
>market dot coms, makes me sick to my stomach...what a horrible world out
>there in lower civlization...god bless the embargo...god bless
>america....

Way to go, Frank !! The very idea that some piddle little country
(definitely of 'lower civilization' quality) would have dared to produce
its own desired form of government, when we wanted otherwise...
unforgivable ! And then to claim a shortage of computers, and since their
primary need is for industrial use, insist they be rationed... merely
because we placed an embargo on them..???? My god, my god... that's like
saying children are dying in Iraq because of the embargo. A pack of utter
lies..  Yeah, right!

Bob