CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 31 Jul 1999 22:30:41 -0400
>Milutin, stop avoiding the problem.

No avoidance on my part.

> Propose a workable set of rules for your organization.

Haven't I?

> I could have torn your response to pieces.

Well, first you would have to print it -- what's your point?

> It was beneath even you.

You see me in such a good light?  Wow.

> What you wrote was a lot of half-assed remarks to my example questions.

Listen, Martin, I put all the effort I could, it wasn't half-assed.

> Apparently you haven't thought at all about the practical problems of
maintaining a just society.

ALL THE PRACTICAL PROBLEMS!!!!!

YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO CAN DO THIS?!?!?!?!?

Jess Martin, no one can -- that's the point.

We, together, find out ways to solve practical problems in an effort to
create a just/moral/fair society.

> If your big plan is that it will all just happen by itself, then, fine.

This isn't nature, work must be put in.  A house won't get built if you just
let it happen, you got to build it!

> We'll just sit here and wait for it to happen by itself.

That ain't going to happen.  You and I both know this.

>I've got plenty to do.

Like what?  Running for a position in government?

The thing is, the moment you do, you become powerful(to some extent).  That
is, you are able to affect others.  They, meanwhile, are powerless(to some
extent).  You can send out the National Guard to "restore order" (which mean
"restore control") whenever you feel your power slipping out from your hands.

I want a society(and we can do it, it isn’t impossible and we don’t have to
ask Noam) where no one is powerful and therefore no one can be powerless.
Create social structures around this basic principle and you'll be surprised
at what human can do with it.

Milutin

--
What we don't know keeps tha contracts alive and movin'
They don't gotta burn tha books, they just remove 'em