RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Martha Seagoe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 11:53:48 -0800
Lynton Blair wrote:
>Forest:
>>so many on this list focus on disagreement
>It does seem that way to a greater or lesser extent, but I'm
>sure that most
>posts are positively motivated.

I think you are positively optimistic!    :-)

Lynton on fruitarian experience:
>about 3 to 4 months, the weight just kept falling.  When I
>got down to 130 pounds I knew there was something wrong
>with this diet.

I'm glad (hope) you got out before you wrecked your teeth.

LB:
>Another part of "hunger" is that it is confused with true thirst
>due to poor eating and drinking habits.

I think you're absolutely right about this!

>I'm not discounting ones emotional environment (internal or
>external, for they do affect each other), but I wanted to point
>out that, given whatever my past, if I am healthy on one diet
>and not on another then maybe its not my immediate past
>that has much to do with it

I think this is an excellent point which also goes straight to
the heart of the problem with any system that blames
imperfect adherence for poor results.  If I follow xyz eating
guidelines and get plenty of rest but not enough sun or
exercise, shouldn't I still be healthier, not weaker, than before
when I did none of the above?
That being said, I think Forest's point rings true, that
emotional equilibrium would be an important factor in pulling
off the switch to another, more limiting eating style.  At least
that was the point I took from what he said.
I'm not sure whether any of the above is coherent, but at
least I know what I was trying to say.   :-)

Lynton:
> ...computer analyst/programmer,...

Me too.  What kind of system do you work on?  I'm
HP3000/COBOL/Powerhouse, in transition to a Unix/Oracle
world.

Lynton on Lectin theory:
>To quote from "Eat Right Diet" by Dr P. D'Adamo,
>"... Often the lectins used by viruses or bacteria can be
> blood type specific, making them a stickier pest for
>people of that blood type.
>"So too with the lectins in food."

Interesting stuff.  I'll have to read the book.

Lynton on "Lynton":
> My mother says its a very beautiful place ( or was when
> she saw it).

And now, per my secret agenda  ;-)  to what's probably the
real reason for my reply to your post:

Yes!  I've been there and it's breathtaking!!  It's one of the
places on my "must go back there when I have more time to
spend" list.

But if you ever go there, don't try the scrumpy in the cute
crockery jugs in the tourist shop.  It tastes like
formaldehyde.

Cheers,
Martha