Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 1999 11:20:36 -0500
Philip Thrift wrote:

as people at my gym tell me.

> they are doing "something wrong" rather than that "this diet works for
> some but not others." What's the truth?

I think the answer lies in your previous statement. I've been on this
diet several months and have not achieved spectacular weight loss, but I
feel better than I have in years. I'm finally beginning to become more
active simply because I have the energy to do it.

Early man worked hard, there were no lightweight plastics or alloys
available. Stones are heavy! Once he bagged his game he carried it on
his back, walking all the way. I know my results will improve when I
start working like a cavewoman. Can you imagine making soup by heating
stones in a fire and then transferring them to a skin pouch holding the
liquid? Nowdays we turn the burner on simmer and go do something more
useful. As long as that includes work its OK but most of us go get our
hair done, take sunbaths, go "work" sitting in offices if front of
computers, or in my case go quilt. Its the work that is the key as well
as diet.

Helen