Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 11:44:17 +0200
Anna, [log in to unmask] wrote:

>  <<  If my memory of American history serves,
>   early Europeans who came to America considered the wild tomato

they found
>   be poison; it took a period of farming for the tomato to become

edible. >>
>The tomato didn't change-the people were all wrong when they feared
>poisons!
>

>True. But if man didn't eat them throughout history,
>our bodies aren't used to them.
>I think that's the whole point of neolithic foods.

Yes , it is a possible explanation of the "alien proteins".
Not enough time to "adapt" to them.
But *all* proteins are alien to our body, except that
from our own body (even other humanss').

Possibly - ok, for me probably -
it's not that any "foreign" proteins have to be considered
-- all food proteins are foreign.
But certain proteins are specific against other creatures
eating them - the antinutrients.
Avidin in egg and lectins in most plants for example.
These attacking proteins need a specific defense
for breaking them down in order to digest the food.
No worry, we have always been eating plants
and will have the ability to cope with plants antinutrients,
even enjoying (using) some of them
(like rosmarins oil or garlic).
Cordain's point is that we hadn't enough generations
to cope with cereals' antinutrients (phytin)
in order to digest them.

Bad news for Tomatoes: their lectin agglutinates all
blood types (according to d'Adamo), even more
after cooking.
And <500 years of usage is even much less
than the widespread use of cereals (>7000).

Fortunately tomatoes are a fruit and fruits at last
are intended to help the spreading animal (or human?) :-)

BTW: Bad news for the egg. It isn't edible raw.
Raw egg white contains a strong antivitamin (avidin).
Therefore only egg-yolk would be paleo.

regards,
Amadeus

--