From:
Gregory Bond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 19:21:17 -0400

Recently I had some allergy testing (RAST through Spectrum Health Care),
and a Celiac Disease Panel through Quest Diagnostics. The Celiac Panel
came back negative across the board (reticulum, endomysial, and
gliadin); but the Food Panel of the RAST test came back "mildly
positive" for gluten, milk, peanut, hops, oat, cocoa, tomato,
strawberry, tomato, tuna, salmon, and cod; and "positive" for cheese and
shrimp. The reading for "wheat" was negative.

The Inhalant Panel of the RAST showed numerous borderline reactions to
the pollen from various trees and fescue (but not wheat), with a
stronger reaction to the molds.

I do take 40 mg. of Dexedrine a day for narcolepsy, 60 mg. of nifedipine
(Adalat) for hypertension, up to 100 mg. of Benadryl for allergies, and
up to 2400 mg. of ibuprofen for bone pain (osteomalacia). These meds are
noted on my chart, but I'm still curious as to how they might influence
the results of these kinds of tests. Also, how much wheat do you have to
eat for accurate results;  and how consistent are the results from lab
to lab??