From:
Susan Lahti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 07:57:13 -0700

Kate Johnson wrote:

> people warned me that some celiacs react strangely to the local
>anesthetics and that I might consider even getting my daughter tested by
>an allergist for whatever dental anesthetic is going to be used on her.

Before my son was diagnosed he had loads of problems that resulted in test
after test and some of them used local or general anesthesia.  As well as he
had a bunch of ear, adenoid, and tonsil problems resulting in general
anesthesia.  He has always done absolutely awful with anesthesia either
acting really wacky if it is a local or vomiting forever if it is a general.
I had never considered that this could be a gluten issue.  Do some
anesthesias have gluten in them?

Any info will be appreciated.

Susan