From:
Charnele Bourque <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 15:53:09 EDT

Hello group once again:

I tried something new this weekend and could not believe the outcome. That's
right GF fried clams !!! It was easy.

I went to the local fish store and bought the already shucked raw clams or to
be extra safe you can shuck them yourself from the shelled ones. Went home
and made the batter as they suggested only exchanging regular flour with our
GF flour from the Betty Hagman's substitute mix.  Use 2 parts GF flour to 1
part corn meal to make the batter. Soak the shucked clams in evaporated milk
till wet then dip in the batter till covered. Cook in a deep fried or a large
pan with oil that covers the claims. Fry till light brown, not to much or
they will over cook.  I could not tell the difference from the store bought,
can you?

Steve (from Boston) Bourque