BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dr Clyde Shideler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BLIND-DEV: Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jun 1999 14:51:05 -0400
Hello all,

I just spoke with a friend with our local NFB chapter who, with others in our
area (San Diego), are very unhappy with the lack of and problems with reception
of the DVS Turner classic Movies. Cox Communications is the Cable company and
they are charging extra fees to get the group of channels that include Turner.
She was told first that Turner's system was "broken", now they are giving her
another "story" about it was THEIR SYSTEM but they have no way to check so they
can repair it and know that it is repaired. They also post numerous "public
service announcements" on some channels, but in a "PRINT ONLY FORMAT".  Anyone
else having similar problems??  Any suggestions to get these "folks" at Cox
moving??  Anyone have FCC, Cox or Turner contact info??

Pete