RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Jöst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 23:14:21 +0100
Gary Orlando wrote:
>In addition, diet is not a matter of particular nutrients, but eating
>those foods to which we are best biologically adapted in the raw state.
>The nutrients follow accordingly.  the exception is b12.

So the exception of B12 means that there's some built in failure in
nature? Did she not provide us with all we need if we follow a natural
diet? If not, could it be that there is a problem with the vegan diet?

>However, your statements go against accepted logic, by persons in various
>fields.  Unless you provide some logic or evidence of such, I have to
>assume
>that they do not have merit.  What I am speaking of is statements such as:
>children need meat or
>children need dairy etc.

I just can give you a story here. I personally know a family here in
Germany. The were living strictly raw vegan, got high quality foods
from
the European supplier Orkos and were quite happy. Then their youngest
son became ill and was hospitalized. He was diagnosed to have severe
B12 deficiency.
The family changed their diet and took in animal foods. The children
which had lacked those foods for so long enjoyed them very much. The
first months they ate huge amounts of mackerel.

If a diet can be maintained only by taking pills, I consider this diet
to be defective. I do not intend to take pills. Either all the stuff
is
contained in my diet or I will modify it.

Have a good raw time,

Stefan