From:
David Witt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 18:47:00 -0600
Hi all,

    Those of you who use Norton System Works and Norton Utilities will be
pleased to know you can run NDD.exe in DOS. From your Windows Explorer, you
must navigate to your NDD.exe and copy the NDD.exe. Then paste it directly
into C:\ drive. Reboot your system and F8 to go to Boot Menu, 'Command
prompt only'... At the C:\> prompt, type in ndd.exe + Enter. I must warn you
though, DOS NDD is a very strong application. Watch your settings, but you
will get a better job done than using plain old DOS scandisk.exe. Remember
that one? C:\scandisk/all/autofix/nosave/nosummary/surface + Enter.
When scan is done, remember to type in 'win' + Enter to load Windows. Enjoy
a fine tuned & repaired system.

Dave Witt

    I really must reiterate my statement! Norton Disk Doctor in DOS
application is a very strong program. WATCH YOUR SETTINGS!

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html