RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefanie Kantor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 12:12:23 -0500
Francois:
>It could well be that these comparaisons don't mean anything, since chimps
>are vertebrate meat eaters and are geneticaly and physiologicaly very close
>to us.

Obviously 1% difference in genetics between Chimps and humans can lead to a lot of differences. I don't think anyone will make a mistake trying to distinguish a human from a Chimp.

>Of course selective pressure would be low or even very low if
>the new food doesn't affect LRS, but there'll be some anyway.

No, there won't be any if LRS is not affected!

>Theories should allways be put to trial with experiments.

A better diet is always an improvement compared to a bad diet, but that doesn't mean it is the best. The best diet is the one we are genetically adapted to.

Jean-claude:
"I think (there is) enough demonstration that vertebrate meat eating have been in our diet for a very long time to be sure of an adaptation."

The length of time is totally irrelevant if it doesn't affect LRS!

"Are eggs vertebrate or not"

Since they don't have a skeleton, they are not vertebrates. Eggs could be a food we are genetically adapted to, just like invertebrates.

Francois:
"I can also say that the best tools to eat meat are our teeth."

I don't want to go into this discussion, since it has been discussed here already about a month ago. All I want to say is that there is no other vertebrate meat eater in nature known to me that has the same teeth as humans have. This makes it extremely likely to me that humans shouldn't eat vertebrate meat. This makes it in my opinion also unlikely that we are supposed to eat left overs from other kills.

PS: Sorry for the funky looking messages; I don't know what the problem is.