RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Martha Brassil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 2001 16:41:27 -0000
Hi Stefan , so you live in Germany. When you say you eat your food raw does
that mean that your food is always cold? I find that being in the northern
hemisphere i need to eat warm foods in the winter as i find them more
sustaining and nourishing. What is your body type? I am a Yin person, medium
framed and very slim. I personally have found that the yin types are not as
physicaly robust as the more Yang types, hence they do not do as well on an
all raw food diet. With regards detoxification I find that this is an on
going process on an all raw food diet and this puts a strain on the organs
of elimination. I know this is a fact as many people on an a raw food regime
can look jaundiced which means their liver is struggling to detoxify.
Are you a broad yang type?
The cooking of food makes it more digestible for people whose digestive fire
is not optimal. The chinese regard too much raw food as too cooling and thus
undermines the digestive fire.
With regards eating raw meat i would find this too awful to consider for me.
What about eating chicken? Cooking helps to destroy harmful bacteria. Not
all cooked meat is cancer producing . This depends on how it is cooked.
Frying and smoking meats can be more carcinogenic.
I am not a vegan or a vegetarian as i found that this diet was not good for
my health. I include now some animal proteins but i avoid most dairy as it
is too drenched in antibiotic residues and it is too heavy for me.
Cheers,
Martha