RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Roberta Leong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 09:46:18 -0500
Hi Gary and all,

I would like to reply to your posts and the thoughts here.  However, I
currently am working overtime, on a huge technical project and cannot
do
this immediately. Also this election oddity in Florida has my
attention
during free moments.  I intend to reply but won't do it very fast.

A few of you will remember me from a few years ago and know that I
prefer
to diffuse adversarial tones/positions.  Gary, your post was indeed
acerbic, and, so, thank you for the apology. BTW I made that sarcastic
comment about no mothers milk in response too your acerbic tone and of
course I don't really think that is what vegans think about breast
feeding.
>From what I know, vegans believe food should be consumed only from plant
origin, and nothing should be consumed of flesh origin.  But if one
carries
this to excess this would logically mean no mother's milk.

I'll try to throw out my position in a nutshell tho and write more
later.

Personally I have experimented with my own diet a lot.  I feel best
physically on all or nearly all raw, and for the past few years, have
eaten
instincto style a lot.  I do consume small amounts of RAF at times and
feel
good on it. I also think pasteurized, homogenized dairy of any type is
unhealthy.  Regarding B12, to avoid illness, I think one must have
some
foods of flesh original to avoid B12 deficiency (I will avoid making
my
sarcastic comment about how zero B12 for more than two years affects
brain
functions and impairs thinking....) - meaning if one assumes all
nutrients
can be obtained from natural unprocessed foods, some foods of flesh
original will greatly reduce the risks of B12 deficiencies.  Any
doctor
will take this position too and there are plenty of case studies and
scientific research about how vegatarianism increases this risk.  The
senario Stefan describes is to be expected and such a serious illness
cannot be brushed off and untreated.  Diet should never cause damage
one's health.  I don't think supplements are a good idea unless it is
temporary to while one fixes one's diet to include the proper
nutrition,
and supplementation usually intereferes with absorbption of other
nutrients.  An example, if one takes folic acid pills it changes B12
in the
body; one needs more B12.

Unfortunately I have to run off to work.  I'll continue this when I
have time.

Regards,
Roberta