RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gary Orlando <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 12:04:37 -0500
>EFAs are present in many different foods, but not in the significant
>amounts that seed oils and nuts offer.

ok, but the inherent assumption above is that we need them in these
"significant" amounts, when we do not - we need them in small amounts.

In addition, seed oils are not whole healthy foods and are usually
rancid
and impure, consisting of fat without the original elements of the
seed.

>And there is a wide variety of amounts of EFAs in fish too; salmon and mackeral
>have a lot more than others.

ok

>The problem with fats is in the USA everyone generally only eats the toxic,
>cooked fats no no EFAs.  For the most part, as soon as a vegetable fat is
>cooked, the EFAs disappear and you get only toxic transfatty acids.

that is why we endeavor to eat them raw.
This is not a list about the general usa diet.