RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 20:23:14 -0800
>Are there any long term raw foodists who can advise the benefits of
>100% vs 95% etc. I've been 100% so far this year. I felt fantastic
>when I went about 95% for a couple of months and lost heaps of weight
>etc but 100% hasn't made a great deal of difference so far.

It depends to what those 5 % represente ( a daily intake of cooked
food or
once in a while exception)
From my point of view which is to eat "undenatured" unseasonned and
unmixed
food , i loose a lot in the pleasure at eating raw food. The raw foods
become not so appealing anymore specially if it is a small intake of
denatured foods everyday. If it is once in a while and so a big
quantity i
am good for an unconfortable day the following day but i will glady go
back
to raw with lot of pleasure . In that pattern of exception it seems to
me
that it have, almost,  a positive outcome because i suuddenly decide
again
to play fully the game of choosing foods by instinct and so the
pleasure of
eating is back again.
On top of that at the physiological  level,  those rare exceptions
trigger
an elimination of feces way bigger than  what have been ingested and i
feel
really better after i did that.( old stored toxins?)
If you eat raw mixed and seasonned ( not instinctively) eating 5
percent of
cooked might not have a big impact The main thing being that you got
95
percent in your bank account. It might have a positive impact if it
allow
you to eat things that you will not eat raw. (  if that food is part
of our
original heritage)
jean-claude