RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Burton, Kate" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 10:54:51 -0400
Hi Mary,

I am on the east coast and have been feeding my two cats raw meat
since
January. I myself eat only sushi in Japanese restaurants. I have had
no
inclination to eat the meat raw although I have on many occasions,
coming
from a German background (as a child I ate raw beef with gusto), eaten
raw
steak sliced very thinly, before cooking the steak. I currently eat
only 3-4
of these a year, when the craving becomes intense. I would most likely
eat
raw only meat from the health food store or a reliable source.

I keep raw meat only 2 days (3 at the most), and ground meat only one
day.
Ground meat spoils more rapidly because air comes into contact with
more of
the meat surface.

I manually cut the filets or cutlets with a sharp knife and feed
immediately
to my cats. My cats have refused to eat some meat and I take that to
mean
that it may be spoiled, even though I cannot tell.

I usually use my nose to smell meat and that seems to be a good
indicator.
You could also use kinesiology and test your body to ask whether the
eat is
OK to eat, because your body has the intelligence to know that the
meat is
good or bad. Hope this helps some.

Vibrate with love,

Kate