RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Lucia Ruedenberg Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 10:50:28 -0400
On Tue, 15 Jun 1999, Axel Makaroff wrote:

> i do not know what to do.
>
> basically i still eat raw vegan, but i am not balanced emotionally as
> i want to be, so sometimes (not often, fortunately) i resort to cooked
> food and junk food for comfort and pleasure (and maybe for health
> reasons, as it will become clear as you read on).
>
> having said this, i want to ask why could it be that ANYTIME i eat some
> heavy junk food, then for a few days i no longer have any low blood sugar
> at all. i have candida overgrowth in my intestine

my husband has similar problems: low blood sugar, candida,
hypoglycemic.
He's been seeing a homeopathic nutritionist, and she says it's related
bad digestion. he's taking food enzymes with zinc by Professional
Forumulas, made in Hanover, Germany. I take them too and they are
great.
My husband also takes a few drops of grapefruit extract in water
against
the candida. it is very bad tasting. and he takes a few other
supplements
for intestinal cleansing and some herbal teas for detoxing during the
day.
Pau D'arco is good against candida. it comes from Brazil. he eats 50%
raw,
vegan, organic. stays away from fruit, except for a grated apple with
rice
in the morning.  the rest of the day is mostly raw vegetables and
non-sweet fruits, as often as he wants, always in in small portions.
he
pretty much eats all day long.

hope this helps.
Lucia