RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Liza May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 May 1999 16:33:02 -0400
Hey There Stefan!! :)

> For Liza: Crabs are those nasty things with a dozen legs and two
> (small) antennas. Probably too inseeeecty for you! :-) How about
> letting you feed by another person with your eyes closed? :-)

Uch - legs and antennas EEEEeeeeewwww. _GGross_ Me _Out_.

By the way - I live right next to the "Chesapeake Bay" (East Coast
U.S. near Washington DC) which is famous for crabs. People come from
all over the world to eat crabs here, and the tradition is to have
huge crab feasts starting just at this time of year and throughout
the summer, for all the national holidays.

I've been told that our crabs are so completely filthy, diseased,
contaminated with dangerous poisons being dumped into the Bay, and
other unappetizing problems, that I've kind of lost my interest in
them. (I think I also told a story here last year about fishing for
crabs by dredging a rope with rotten chicken pieces tied to it,
along the bottom of the Bay in the really trashy dirty spots, and
every 15 minutes hauling up 5 or 6 wriggling crabs clinging to the
piece of chicken - eeeeeeewwwww).

On the other hand, I've also been told you can die from some awful
superating sores that are growing on our local oysters, and yet I'll
eat those raw - as many as I can stuff in my face at once - even
while knowing I might not live to enjoy digesting them. Maybe its
because they don't have any long wiggling parts of their anatomy.

(Speaking of seafood body parts  --  have you ever seen that thing
that sticks out of a clam shell? I'll eat them - with gusto in fact
- but I do notice that thing sticking out, it IS a little
embarassing in public.  har har.)

Love Liza

--
[log in to unmask] (Liza May)