RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Irene King <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 May 1999 13:28:13 PDT
>From: Brenda Alexander <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: NFL in Germany
>Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 07:26:43 -0600
>
>David Wolfe and Stephen Arlin have does a GREAT service to the Raw
>living foods
>world
{{{{{much snipped}}}}

Their first book, Nature's First Law was a great gift to the
>raw living foods
>world because it blatantly and accurately told it like it was  and
>awakened a lot of people
>out of their denial about the dangers of an unnatural, cooked food
>diet.

Although I agree that they did do a good "wake up" job on making
people
aware of the benefits of an all-raw diet, I also felt (and this is
wayyyy
before I joined this list) that they were way off-base in some of
their
assumptions.  Wild animals don't get diseases because they eat all
raw?
Please.  In making a career choice many years ago, being wildlife vet
was
one of those. This assertion on their part was blatantly false.

Cooked food poison? Really? Then why do the most long-lived cultures
have
abundant cooked foods in their diets, and why isn't there one single
vegan
raw-food culture alive?

There are many more incredibly false statements given in that book,
and that
was before I did any good research on much of the dogma.

{{{{{more snipped}}}}
David and Stphen also did a huge amount
>of work to
>compile their 40 page catalogue of every raw living foods lifestyle book
>that is available
>in print!

Not **every** one. Only the ones they haven't plagiarized from and
that
agree with their beliefs.

Irene King