RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 01:21:48 +0200
Hi Jean-Louis,

> To wild plants eaters (Alan, Jean-Claude, etc):
>
> How often do you collect plants?

Other than the winter months (none around here in Germany), almost
every day. I work in an office and always go for an hour walk in
the countryside (I live in the countryside) between 17.15 and about
18.15 hours as soon as it gets light.

>Do you eat them immediately,

I either eat them immediately (sporadic) or else take them
home and eat them immediately afterwards in a salad (I always
use cold-pressed oils in my salad as well as various dried
herbs).

> or store
> them for the next days,

I never store them...no reason to. They wilt very quickly and I
only eat "live" food.

> How much wild plants (let's say in
> grams per day) do you eat?

Oh my gawwd! I have never weighed them (why should I??) but I
would estimate about 4 handfulls and approx. 25% (plus or
minus around 5%) of my total daily veggie intake.

> Can you give an estimate for each one of
> the following categories?
>
>  -leafy vegetables

Including blossoms..round about 70% to 90% of my daily
raw plant intake (depending on the time of year).

>  -fruits

About 5-10%..again depending on the time of year.

>  -roots, tubers

None...other than the Jerusalem Artichoke in my garden..which
is essentially still a wild plant. This tuber makes up about
20% of my diet during the winter months.

>  -other starchy vegetables

None.

>  -nuts

Around 20% when in season.

>  -mushrooms

None. Mushrooms are more or less indigestible and hence a burden
on the digestive system. If wild bore don't eat them I see no
reason why I should.

>  -other (that I might have forgotten).

Organic fruits from Orkos?? About 20 to around 45%..depending on
the season (more in the winter months..less in the warmer
months).

Are you doing a survey?

Best regards,

Alan