RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Micaela Hoskins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 14:45:28 -0800
Micaela:
Many foods that are
>Alkaline in the raw state are acidic after being cooked, and there are very
>few sources of raw vegan acidic foods  (nuts and seeds are the items that I
>know of)

Kirt:
And blueberries if I remember. You may be onto something. I don't know much
at all about acid/alkaline.

Now that you have given me the reminder, I believe cranberries should be
added to the list.  I believe Bernard Jensen, said that cranberries were the
one food that was so acidic that no one should eat them under any condition.

The acid/alkaline theory makes sense to me.  I wish I knew more about the
physiology of the pH balance, I have gotten most of my information from the
books recently written by the raw authors of recent years.

 Several of the raw vegans I know, after a number of years got to a very
ungrounded and what I might call mentally unstable or at least
hyper-sensitive emotional state.  Some have begun to add raw dairy (acidic),
a small amount of cooked vegetables, or lots of nuts.  For some the raw
dairy is to acidic and actually burned their throats.