RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Micaela Hoskins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 08:55:10 -0800
Kirt:
> Cooked vegans appear to last longer before they experience trouble.
Carol
I've heard this said many times, but -- and I know I've asked
this before just recently -- do you think it's by virtue of the
cooking itself, or do you think that the difference lies in the
different food choices people make when they're eating raw foods
as opposed to cooked ones?  I'd really like to hear more people's
thoughts on this question.  I think it's an important one.

I personally think that many of the raw vegans become to alkaline within
their body.  The raw vegan diet is good for people who are acidic.  The body
needs to maintain a very specific pH balance, disease and diet are two
mechanisms to bring the body back to the right pH.  Many foods that are
Alkaline in the raw state are acidic after being cooked, and there are very
few sources of raw vegan acidic foods  (nuts and seeds are the items that I
know of)
Micaela: