RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Mayne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 1999 16:35:22 -0500
> Rex:
> >The original posts have a good bit of judge, jury, & executioner type
> >flaming and I, not having been present, stood back.

Peter:
> I found most of the posts to be quite balanced.  You will find my post
> that initially exposed the plagiarism at:
>
> http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?A2=3Dind9802&L=3Draw-food&P=3DR1
> 3=45&D=3D0&H=3D0&O=3DD&T=3D1

Furthermore Rex, please don't miss the "Reponse from NFL" that we
finally received on jr's list to the charges of plagiarism. A couple
of sentences from that post could perhaps wet your appetite:

Stephen Arlin of NFL wrote:
"You act as if we care about names, labels, or reputations.
Other people put names and labels on us, we are ineffable -- we don't give
a damn what this miserable cooked-food world thinks about our activities"
[...]
"You ask for apologies?  I apologize for absolutely nothing."
[...]
"We do what we want to do and take what we want to take and
give what we want to give."

http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?A2=ind9803&L=raw-food&P=R2086

As to whether or not the book "Raw Eating" is a classic or a dud,
well, one man's trash/treasure cliche fits the bill. I found it to
be full of emotional rhetoric proclamations and little substantive
content, similar to other's perceptions of a book published more
recently with a different title...

Regards,

David