From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 10:08:50 -0400
Dan,

Without specific details of what your PC is/has/contains we can't give you
detailed answers.  There are a LOT of questions that need to be answered
before anyone can give you specific guidance.  We are good <grin> but we are
not clairvoyant <wink, wink> <nudge, nudge>

What kind of Win 95 CD is it?  upgrade? OEM? retail? 95A? 95B?
Do you have multiple hard drives or only one?  What size is it?
Does it have multiple partitions?
What is the type of BIOS? What is the date of the BIOS.
Etc. etc. etc. etc.

In general...
Create a boot disk.
Add the CD's driver and MSCDEX.EXE
Create CONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT files to load the CD driver.
Reboot the PC using the floppy disk.
Run FDISK and delete the active partition.
Use FDISK to create a new partition.
Make the new partition ACTIVE.
Format C: /sys
Install your software.

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting        Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol     International Webmasters Association
410-543-8996                MS Site Builder Network - Level 2 member
=====