From:
"Kurr, Martin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 12:25:16 -0500
Change your BIOS to very conservative settings and reboot several times
(disable all the goodies like caching and BIOS shadows, slowest RAM clocks,
etc.).  If the problem goes away, you can add one or a few more aggressive
settings back in and repeat the reboot & run test until the failure recurs.
This would identify which setting is not stable.
First, though, try setting HALT ON ERRORS to NONE and reboot (leave other
BIOS settings as-are)...may be a false or non-problematic error halt causing
your stoppage.
Also you could make sure you have Win98 patches loaded and check mobo mfg.
site for any required BIOS flashes for your system.
As for # of times to reboot to verify, that should be the number of
consecutive times you've ever successfully booted plus one.
Martin Kurr
email [log in to unmask]