C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Barry Ashby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 09:49:35 -0400
Hi,

Keep at it.  You may want to change therapists if you don't feel this
person is working in the best interest of your child.

There is an excellent book you can find in most large bookstore chains
called "Handling the Young Cerebral Palsied Child at Home" by Nancie R.
Finnie.  This really helps with ideas that you can do at home to promote
growth and development.  Another good book is "Children with Cerebral
Palsy" edited by Elaine Geralis.

If you are very adventerous there is a series of books by Glenn Doman.  His
ideas are very controversial amongst therapists and doctors but as a parent
I found them very intregueing.  Must say though, the title is eye-catching
and could be a turn off to some...
"What To Do About Your Brain-Injured Child or Your Brain-damaged, Mentally
Retarded, Mentally Deficient, Cerebral-palsied, Spastic, Flaccid, Rigid,
Epileptic, Autistic, Athetoid, Hyperactive, Down's Child"  by Glenn Doman.
He has several other book as well, like "Teaching Your Baby to Read" and
"Teaching Your Baby Math".

Keep up the good work.  You (and your significant other) are your childs
BEST advocate!

Best Wishes,
Kim

At 12:24 AM 6/16/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>Thank You Kim and Bobby and everyone out there that has wrote.  It's nice=
>
>to know that i'm not crazy and that I am the one that probably knows best=
>
>my child.  =
>
>We went to therapy tonite armed with some of the information gathered her=
>e,
>(standers, AFO's, and Botox) and was told I had no idea what these things=
>
>were used for n b  vv
hnb
hj
nb/..m.m.,..,,..,m,.,..nm y                  m k