BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 11:27:22 -0400
This may be anecdotal to the point of worthlessness, but I walked by a
cement-stucco-fake-brownstone job today being formed into coves, ogees and
curves freehand (no visible templates or shapers) with neat lines,
expressed joints, brackets and surrounds, and one especially talented
worker was even singing to himself in what sounded like Italian.  The mix
was stiff, the guys used squares and tapes a lot, and looking up the facade
(infill and ornamented panels not in yet) things looked true and edges
sharp.  Gave me a warm feeling beyond that of the radiating sidewalks and
bus exhaust.

Job was a "brownstone" just east of Madison Avenue on 91st Street (49 E
91?).  Contractor was ADAM CONTRACTING.  718-875-0477.  I nodded my
approval and one worker smiled and lit up a cigarette.

(I was on my way back from the Russian Consulate...got my new visa...going
to Moscow Saturday.  Be back in touch after the 4th.)

--Jim