RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Stefan Jöst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 19:35:07 +0100
>Tracy Price wrote:
>Let me see if I can clarify.  If Stephen Arlin is plagerizing in his book
>Raw Power, then who is the authority or source of his information.  Is the
>person he is copying the real "expert" on the subject matter in Stephen's
>book?  If the real source is elsewhere, I would prefer to go to the source
>for guidance.  This is what I was trying to get at.

Okay, I see that. The question, where the real source of information is.

>Secondly, I have read Stephen Arlin's workouts.  He suggests working out 6
>days a week with one day of rest.  His workouts consists of between 60 and
>75 sets of resistance work, not including abdominal work.  If each set took
>2 minutes, that's over 2.5 hours per day of lifting weights (one minute per
>set with one minute rest) and that doesn't even count the 100 situps and
>other stuff he says do.  I don't know about all you guys, but 25 sets on leg
>day at one minute rest during a high intensity workout will make me puke.
>That's why I made the statement I did.  The only guys I have ever seen do
>anywhere near, and most are not even near, a workout like he suggests, are
>getting serious pharmaceutical help.  And six days a week does not give your
>body time to recover, raw food or not.

Thank you for the explanation. Indeed, permanently working out 6 times
per week and several hours each workout seems to be sick. It would be the
best way to get into serious troubles with overtraining.

>So my question was, am I all wet on this or can eating raw food only turn me
>into superman like Stephen Arlin.  If not, some help on how to workout and
>the right diet for body builders would be most appreciated.

I admit that I never felt inclined enough nor had the time to work out
6 times per week. Even then I guess I would cut down the daily time to
half an hour.
Muscles aren't growing while you train, they grow while you rest. So
if you don't ever rest they won't grow. Maybe this isn't the point with
Arlin since he doesn't want to gain more? But then - why this intensity?
I can turn this like i want, it still sounds crazy.

>I know there are pro body builders out there
>(Bill Pearl, Andreas Chaling) that are, or claim to be, vegetarian, but they
>all consume milk and eggs like no tomorrow.  What I want to know is, is all
>that really necessary. I don't want to be a pro BB or anything, I just want
>to look muscular and be healthy.  Can I do it on raw food alone, and if so,
>how.

I find my diet (100% raw, but including animal foods) sufficient to do
bodybuilding. I'm not targeting to become a professional though. What I
find really rewarding regarding raw foods and bodybuilding is the fact
that I don't need any protein drinks. My body takes what it needs and
that's it.

Best regards,

Stefan