RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 17:40:19 -0800
From:
Ingrid Bauer/J-C Catry <[log in to unmask]>

>I could not find any scientific studies to support the position that more
>meat eaters have b12 problems than vegetarian.  I had heard this from what
>I believe are reputable sources, but there are no studies to that effect that
>I could find.  It seems to be a widespread problem from what I have read,
>many subclinically, especially in older individuals, and is not related to
>intake of "b12", for those that have problems, but absorption and
>assimiliation.

yes you can have B 12 deficiency despite the fact you are supplied
with meat
.
the meat eaten with starchy food is most likely to makes a mess in the
intestinal flora ,garstric juices secretion etc .. ., compromising the
absorbtion  of the vit.
But excess fruits might have the same chaotic effect on intestinal
flora ,
gastric juice secretion etc.. ask the peoples with candida.!

A vegan run the risk of being insuficiently supplied with the vitamine
both
from exogenous and endogenous sources.
jean-claude