RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 15 May 1999 13:18:19 PDT
From:
Anju Sidana <[log in to unmask]>
Hey Jo!
Thanks for your commments.  I personally agree with you -- I don't
think
it's worth sacrificing one's health in order to boycott cruelty to
animals.
Especially when it comes down to the fact that boycotting animal
products
is such an indirect way of fighting back. BTW, what is pemmmican?

I guess the real question is, is there a way to reconcile the two
issues?
I've heard and seen stuff about free-range that attests to the fact
that it
is usually bullshit, but is it always? Surely there are farms out
there that
allow their chickens to actually roam around in lots of open space,
and
organic dairy farms that really treat their animals well, etc.

Well I live in NY city, and would really love to find such farms
around here
whose products are accessible to the public.
Does anyone have any info in this regard? For anywhere, cause I'm sure
lots
of other people on this list would be also be interested to know.
Where do
you live, Jo, and did you find any such farms in your area?

Thanks a lot

Anju