RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 15 May 1999 14:53:46 +0200
From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
> >Jean-Louis:
> >Fruit mixed with animal foods often causes digestive upset: it is best
> >to eat animal food alone or with leafy greens.

Lynton:

To be more precise, I should have said the following:

>From the least digestible to the most digestible (for me):

1. RAF (raw animal food) mixed with (sweet) fruit, or followed by
fruit.
2. RAF mixed with, or followed by juicy vegetable-fruits
   (e.g. tomatoes, cucumber), except in moderate amounts.
3. Sweet fruit followed by RAF.
4. RAF+starchy vegetables (e.g. artichoke, tubers), cooked or raw.
5. Juicy vegetable-fruits followed by RAF.
6. RAF+non-starchy, non-fruit vegetables, cooked or raw
   (e.g. broccoli, celery, leafy greens).
7. RAF alone.

I find that #1 is completely indigestible, #2-#5 are fine if the
non-RAF part is in moderate amount, and #5-#7 are well-digested. Raw
vegetables I eat in #6 consist mostly of lettuce, celery and endives.

I "rarely" eat any cooked meat but I think roughly the same rules
apply, with "cooked meat" instead of RAF. Apparently, I can also mix
several RAFs without problem, like in a (simplified version of a)
Tartar steak: ground beef+egg yolks.

--Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>