RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 09:57:08 +0100
7bit 7bit
From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Leah:

> Does anyone know how much raw nuts and seeds I should be eating on a
> daily/weekly basis?
> I seem to be craving the stuff at the moment and am eating what seems to
> me to be a lot (I don't want to over do it).

Craving can be a signal from your body that it needs nutrients from
nuts and seeds. If you find them tasty, digestible and if they make
you feel good, you shouldn't be concerned by overdoing it. Prefer them
soaked or sprouted (or fresh if in season), since soaking eliminates
anti-nutrients such as phytates and improves digestibility. Avoid
cashews, pecans and pistachios in excess, since they are often dried
at high temperature (http://www.living-foods.com/articles/nuts.html).

--Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>