RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Gerry Coffey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 21:50:38 EST
In a message dated 2/10/99 6:01:10 PM Central Standard Time, amf.prefire@T-
ONLINE.DE writes:

<< >
 You should not be eating any seeds at all (and nuts only in season)
 because they contain enzyme inhibitors (they generally inhibit trypsin
 but some also inhibit other body enzymes such as amylase..wheat,
 invertase and chymotrypsin..potatoes, protease..rye, transamidinase..
 soy beans.

--For the record, Alan, Iron Lady, Ruth Heidrich, consumes no seeds or nuts or
juices.

Your best bet is to keep away from modern grains such as
 wheat, barley and rye (they also contain too much of the protein
 gluten/gliadin which gunges up your intestines) and either sprout or
 at least soak (it is said that this also inactivates the enzyme inhibitors)
 the rest.

--We received notice before leaving on our extended trip through Southeast
Asia and the Pacific Rim, that Dr. Douglas Graham, DC, MS, Olmpic Coach, etc.,
has a new book out called something like the "Grain/Brain Drain." I regret I
misplaced the notice as I plan to order it. As a Natural Hygienist, I've long
been aware grain was not meant for human consumption, but it will be nice to
read the research.

 As Nature shows you, those seeds which are meant to be
 eaten are not meant to be digested (hence the enzyme inhibitors and
 hence their lack of value as a nutrient source) but to be ejected
 in the faeces somewhere else as a means of propagation.

--That makes a lot of sense.

 If you are craving for oil (which is natural if you are not getting
 enough of the fat-soluble vitamins (such as beta-carotene or the
 vitamins A, D, E and K) use cold-pressed vegetable oils and/or
 fresh nuts and/or oily fruits such as avocados.

--Natural Hygiene physicians recommend avoiding ANY kind of oils not in their
natural state, and some even advise against avocados.

--Do you have any info on the latter?

 > P.S. Anyone going on Nature's First Laws Raw Food Retreat in Maui this
 > summer?

 Sounds interesting but I live in Bad Kreuznach (Germany)

 Alan

--Just spent a week in beautiful Hawaii, and would only return if I had a
chance;-)
Where might I get some more info on that?

Thanks, Gerry