Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 23:19:17 +0200
7bit
From:
Ian Newman <[log in to unmask]>
Hi All
I have an S3 Trio Virge/DX 4 mb pci video card which I replaced (or
tried to) tonight with a Diamond Viper 770 AGP 32mb. The instructions
said to change to standard VGA adapter before changing the card. I did
that & rebooted & shut down as per the manual. I replaced the card but
on start up the computer gave a few funny long & short beeps & as the
auto start on the monitor didnt work I assumed that it was a no video
warning. I replaced the card again with the S3 & all was OK. I read the
Videocard & motherboard manuals & found in the bios that PCI was enabled
& not AGP so I changed that, priding myself in my troubleshooting
skills. I patted myself on the back too early. I  changed the card back
& still the same. I currently have the PCI S3 & the Diamond installed in
their respective slots with AGP enabled but the S3 pci is the only one
that works. Am I missing something here. Specs are Gigabyte GA5ax rev
4(Ali Aladdin V AGPset), AMD 233(soon K62450) 64 pc100 sdram, Win 95
4.00.950 B. TIA  Ian

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html