From:
"Rebecca W. Buffum" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 16:43:13 -0700

Wow- was I wrong! Many people were interested in the info I got on the
Boston area. I sent some people my summary but have since gotten more
requests- so I thought I'd post to the whole list.

The following restaurants were mentioned several times as being
accomodating: Legal Sea Foods (several locations), Marche in the
Prudential building, Noble House, a chinese rest. in Brookline that will
prepare a GF meal with at least 24 hr. notice. Other places mentioned
were Fire and Ice and Pho Pasteur,  both in Harvard Square.

Also several suggestions for Breadsmith, a bakery in Newton that makes
GF bread every other week - you must call ahead to order some.

Markets and stores: Bread and Circus seems to be everywhere, but
expensive. Trader Joes, Wild Harvest in Revere and Saugus, Good Health
in Qunicy (south of Boston), Harvest Co-op in Central Square, Cambridge,
the summertime outdoor market in Copley Square on Tuesdays and Fridays.

Cambridge (near Fresh Pond) apparently has a good korean market for
flours, rice paper etc.

Many people also mentioned that the support group "Healthy Villi" is a
fantastic group. I got the name of the chairperson from the following
web site- she can send a list of health food stores in the surrounding
suburbs as well as info on the group-

    http://www.enabling.org/ia/celiac

Hope this will help others as well-

I head East tomorrow to apartment hunt- I'll try to check out some of
these suggestions!

Becca