From:
Katie Bretsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 23:07:13 -0700
People have asked in past for daily intake info.  I've never responded
because I didn't ever think I did "good enough" to want to tell.
However, in the spirit of my own post suggesting that the difficulty of
going from the ideal  to the actual (in terms of getting either or both
intention and execution right) is OK and on-topic,  here's my poor,
haphazard attempt at Paleo day's approximate intake:

2 eggs, fried in light hamburger fat
1/2 red potato, nuked
1/4  raw cantaloupe (yum)
4 bananas (or was it 6?)
10 (?) dried apricots
1 cup (?) dried plain almonds  (for all you Paleo-nuts!)
4  hamburger patties, stewed in broth with lemon juice, salt and pepper,
herbs and  (non-paleo) dried tomatoes
1 cup collard greens, lightly stewed in broth
3 green onions, stewed in broth
3 cups coffee
1 tbsp coconut milk
2 liters plain very weak tea
1/2 liter plain water
1 shot of rum
1 supposedly grain-free multi-vitamin cap
1 supposedly grain-free vitamin C cap

My own assessment:  not nearly enough water, not quite enough protein,
way, way  too many carbs, too much cooked, not enough green stuff, potato
is marginal,  tomatoes are questionable, coffee is  bad, rum is bad.  I
feel better and have more energy when I take the vitamins, so I
acknowledge but don't care that they aren't Paleo-kosher.  My digestion
doesn't seem to handle way lots of fat well, so I only ramp that up when
I crave it, which currently I'm not.  Missing but standard: olive oil
(I'm out of it).

So it goes.....!