From:
Wayne VanTassel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 15:40:13 -0500
At 04:17 PM 6/11/99 -0400, you wrote:
>On Fri, 11 Jun 1999, Ryan Hughes wrote:
>
>> Re: Bacon
>>
>> I, as well as many of us, eat 'uncured' bacon. (no preservatives)
>> It is absolutely delicious!
>> After you eat it for a while, cured bacon tastes bad.
>
>Bacon without chemical additives is still cured.  Uncured bacon
>is an oxymoron, since bacon is by definition cured pork belly.

You know I always wondered about that.  I never did figure out what he meant.

As far as Cholesterol goes, mine went from 206 to 145 in 5 weeks on a low
carb, almost paleo diet (I still eat small amounts of cheese), with an
improvement in my good to bad ratio.

The Protein Power book gives a pretty comprehensible explaination of the
complex relationship between carbohydrates, protein, insulin, fat and
cholesterol.

The WOE has worked well for me, but I understand individual metabolisms vary.