BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Rabinowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Rabinowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 13:32:52 -0400
I like that.   I am involved in the upcoming restoration of 2 different
statues of Greeley in NYC this summer and it's nice to know that what he
would have thought of us who remain here, crowds of idlers and imbeciles
indeed!

By the way, before Greeley came to New York to order everyone else out he
learned his trade and worked as a printer's devil in East Poultney Vermont
(I think) a beautiful little village just over the border with NY.  The
green on which the print shop remains is very intact with a few late 18th
and early 19th century buildings by a nice little waterfall.  Worth a visit
as are the slate quarries around nearby Granville NY and the marble quarries
by Rutland VT.

Mark