RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gary Orlando <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 07:55:17 -0400
>Hi,
>
>Why do you think humans are not nut eaters?
>
>Joel

Primates eat a small amount of nuts on occasion, I know, but nuts seem
to be
purely for the propagation of the plant, and not simply a delivery
vehicle
like fruit, don't they?  I seem to have problems with them, and think
it's
best to keep the body alkaline, instead of acidic, and I believe nuts
move
the body towards acidosis (anyone feel free to correct this).
Tannins,
enzyme inhibitors, are other apparent antinutrients for humans, and
are in
nuts...

Yes, we can soak and sprout, but does that seem a likely behavior in a
natural environment?  Certainly they can help sustain us to some
extent in
some circumstances.