RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Paul Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 May 1999 09:56:16 -0400
Lucia,

> Paul - just wanted to say, that I enjoyed looking over your page. It has a
> very nice feel and tone to it.
> thanks.
> Lucia

I think part of that comes from what I've been through, realizing that
people often have had it much worse and, especially if they don't have
the
emotional or financial resources to do what might help them (even if
they
get to know a little about nutrition and natural remedies), a person
with a
degenerative condition just is not going to recover. So I have a lot
of
compassion for people who don't and are not going to get well; if I
was not
as fortunate in some ways I'd definitely be in that position. I know
people
who are so disabled with CFIDS they can't read - how can you help
someone
like that other than just being sympathetic?

The dilemma is in getting people to realize that things like using
natural
food to heal do work, and that if circumstances are right people can
eventually recover from 'incurable' illnesses, yet not being
judgmental and
implying that if someone is not recovering from their illness that
they are
not working hard enough at it or lack courage, because they could not
stop
eating junk food or whatever. The fact is many things in life and
health are
not under our control and we all have our limitations. Nobody wants to
be
ill. I think people in general do the best they can with their
situations,
and with what they know and don't know.

Paul ([log in to unmask])