RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lance Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 May 1999 02:13:09 EDT
>Lance:
>> It seems to me that fruit is half of the raw food available, vegetables
>being the other half.
>
>Are you eating vegan?

I eat fruit only in the morning.  Then for supper I have raw veggies
and
usually something heavier like grains, or beans or fish.  If I eat
fruit
in the morning, then a salad for lunch (or anything heavier), I get
fatigued after lunch.  If I eat fruit all day I still get tired late
afternoon.

>Are you fatigued mentally (want to lie down and sleep) or physically (not
>wanting to walk for eg)?

Generally, I am always somewhat tired.  Come afternoon it becomes
profound.  I literal drag.  Part of it has to do with disregulation of
the blood vessels, maybe . . . but how or why or even if, I am not
sure.

>Cut back on the fruit, and add raw meat or other animal protein (although I
>usually lightly-cook my meat, and eat eggs with raw yolks and cooked
>whites).

I tried adding raw eggs to a fruit smoothing.  This seemed to clog up
my
bowels and make them STINK.  I also got this putrid tast in the mouth
(and it made me tired).  So I gave it up. I did use organic.

>It makes sense to me. I used to have terrible problems with fruit (partly
>due to a yeast overgrowth that is now gone), but even now fruit increases
>fatigue a bit unless it is a small amount. Balancing the blood sugar by
>having 2 or 3 (animal) protein meals daily has helped me.

The problem is I can't get much raw animal stuff around here that is
good.  I can get some cheese and eggs and maybe sardines ... but
that's
it.  I might be able to get raw milk from the amish but my mom would
freak (and she is my contact).

>You might be interested in my page. You can follow the link to my 'What I
>Eat' page, and also a page I just put up on my recovery (personal symptom
>profile, and cures or improvements to date of my problems) from a 'chronic
>fatigue syndrome':

I'll check it out.

lance