RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Feb 1999 06:26:26 -1000
Rex:
>All in all, I would suggest you NOT enter specific arguments with anyone
>who has failed to actually read "Pottenger's Cats" (perhaps several
>times).<

I have read it several times (the first time with the usual eureka delight)
and in each reading it seems more and more preposterous--so that now I am
simply cautiously ambivilent about the work. Until the "study" is repeated
with modern experimental rigor I am personally quite wary of basing a
worldview on it. And if it _is_ repeated I would put much more stock in the
research if it uses an degenerated omnivore like a pig instead of a cat--at
least if we are going to generalize to humans, the ultimate degenerated
omnivore. ;)

Secola  /\  Nieft