From:
Betty Ann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 09:07:07 -0600
Oliva wrote:

> Betty,
> I take it your dh is not paleo..... What's with the "insist"?  Why would
> a cavegirl take a non-paleo dish?  Another dynamic going on here.
> Oliva

No, he's not converted, YET. I have only been paleo since
July, so I am still willing to be flexible for him on some
issues---this pot luck is one of them. We seldom go
anywhere...in fact, this is the first "party" we've been to
in several years. I don't want to bother with fixing more
than one item, so I'll eat before I go and enjoy the company
and eat whatever is "legal" for me to eat. I do intend to
take a pemmican cake and a small bag of fruits & nuts. Once
dh realizes I'm losing the weight and getting healthier and
he isn't getting these benefits...he'll be willing to
convert to paleo. Until he's ready, I'm willing to be
patient & paleo.

At least he wants me to make this non-paleo chicken dish and
not a pumpkin cake roll!!! He'd be totally out of luck,
then!! Those cake rolls are messy and the only ingredient I
have in the house for those: eggs.

Someone suggested that I have dh fix the non-paleo dish.
He's been a paraplegic for 25 years and as he's gotten
older, our small house has become very inadequate for his
independence. The mess generated when he attempts to cook or
prepare anything more complicated than a bowl of cereal
isn't worth it to me. When we are able to get a more
suitable home, he's going to find his retirement a little
busier than it is now. Maybe the cook will go on strike for
a while <GRIN>. Right now dh is rather spoiled, but this
will change when things are easier for him to do around
home.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

--
Betty Ann
mailto:[log in to unmask]

"In a cat's eyes, all things belong to cats." English
Proverb