From:
Ben Balzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 15:00:48 +1000
Cows are fed grains by farmers to promote rapid weight gain before they sell
them. It also increases the fat content of the beef from 55 to 20% or so,
and makes it allegedly more palatable and desired by consumers. Now that fat
phobia is rampant in the West, this could be used to help market grass fed
meat.

Cows are digastric (ruminant). Grains have the same effect on pigs
(monogastric) and Humans (monogastric).

Ben Balzer